Friday, May 22, 2009

Weekly Reflection

My Third Week of Senior Project:

This week I was just finished the loose ends of my senior project and helping Patrice change out the pictures that hang in Shirley Hall.
After I made my book and sent it away, I was basically done with my senior project so, I found the cost to profit ratios. I found that making a soft cover book of 20 pages costs $19.99, regular shipping is $6.00 for regular shipping plus $.75 for every additional book and $7.50 for express shipping plus $.75 for every additional book. Regular shipping usually takes 3-5 business days, and express shipping takes 2 business days, on top of the 1-4 days it takes to actually make the book. I chose express shipping because I wanted to make sure my book would be here by May 25th. In total the cost of my book was $27.50 plus tax, so about $30. I went to Barnes and Nobles and looked at amateur photography books and most didn’t price at much more than $30. Therefore, I figured I broke even. However, my dad helped me realize that if I bought my books in bulk and sold all of them (also staying with the express shipping concept) I would make $6.75 on every extra book I sold, so I actually could make a profit.
Then I wrote my self-evaluation and over the next 3 days wrote, proofed, and finished it.
Finally, I help Patrice change the pictures in Shirley Hall. I reprinted 5 of my pictures. I chose the Slide, Clouds, Annie W., Glasses, and the Bike Wheel. After reprinting them, I dry mounted them and then window matted them. I had to window matte each picture because the matte makes sure the photo doesn’t touch the glass and get ruined when put into a frame. Saturday I will put all my photos into frames and hang them around Shirley Hall.
I didn’t run into any problems this week and over all really enjoyed senior project.

No comments:

Post a Comment