
(example of abstract art...not mine)
Today I started printing around 11:00. I was printing abstract today. I went through the process of printing posted in my May 5th blog, but I will repeat what I did.
The steps to printing photographs:
1. Expose the special photo paper to light.
2. Put the paper into the developer and agitate for one minute.
3. Put the paper into the stop bath and agitate for 10 seconds.
4. Put the paper into the fixer and agitate for 30 seconds.
5. Put the paper into water and wash for 5 minutes.
6. Put the paper into a drying rack and wait for it to completely dry.
I printed 2 photos today but I wasn't happy with either of them, so I think I will redo them tomorrow. I printed a photo looking down a slide that I found on the playground near the girls varsity softball field, and the contrasting of big white, fluffy clouds against a bright blue sky. For the "Slide" I didn't use a filter, which I think I might change tomorrow because I would like to see more contrast in the picture. I also used an 8 aperture for 15 seconds and the picture came out a little light so I think I might increase the time of how long I expose the photo paper so the print will come out a little dark. Finally, there were small specs of dust on the negative which effected the print so, tomorrow I will clean the negative more thoroughly to make sure the print is not compromised again. For my "Clouds" picture there were just little specs of dust on the negative and with a photo so full of contrast that dust is very apparent so, tomorrow I will, again, clean the negatives more carefully to make sure the print is not compromised. I hope tomorrow I can finish the printing of my abstract theme, start shooting my next theme portraits, and start researching how to self-publish my photography book.

No comments:
Post a Comment