Sunday, May 17, 2009

Calculations

Today I was just calculating the cost to profit ratio in making the books. I personally, bought a large soft cover book. The book itself cost $20. I found this information directly at http://www.apple.com/ilife/iphoto/print-products.html. The shipping for a soft cover book is, regular shipping= $6 and for each addition book is $.75, express shipping= $7.50 and for each additional book is $.75. Regular shipping takes 3-5 business days and express shipping takes 2 days. I found this information on http://www.apple.com/support/photoservices/shipping_prices/. Over all if I bought one book and did regular shipping the cost to make a book would be $26, and with express shipping the cost would be $27.50. As an unknown, amateur photographer, I would have to say on the out side chance I could charge $30 a book. I found this information by browsing Barnes and Nobles in Manchester, NH, many of the amateur photographers who had books out were priced in the $20-$3o range. Therefore, if I sold my book I would more or less break even with my profits.

No comments:

Post a Comment