Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Third Photo Theme: Portraits
Today I started at about 8:00. I started on the next theme in my book which is studio portraits. I took Annie, my sister, to the photography studio that is in the back of Slocumb Hall. There is a black back drop and an array of lights that can be positioned to make the shadows and light on the subject right. I placed Annie in front of the back drop and positioned the lights so there was no shadow behind her but also so her face wasn't bleached out. I achieved this by positioning the lights at 45 degree angles to her body position rather than putting the light directly in front of her (bleaching her face out) or putting the lights more towards the side of her (creating a shadow). I snapped shots of her with many different facial expressions, frowning, serious, relaxed, funny, smiling, but the best was the one when she was laughing and just smiling because we were joking around. I believe when doing portraits of people they come out much better when you know someone or at least try to get to know them and keep the mood light and fun because then you can really capture the persons' true personality which can really make a photograph awesome. I hope tomorrow to develop the roll of film and try to print some of the portrait pictures. I also, hope to print the abstract pictures for the final time and make them perfect. Today I also, started making my book. I used the feature in iphoto that allows you to make a real book. I picked the "Formal" lay out. The title of the book is Photography. There are very little words. Every time the theme of the pictures changes there is a page with the theme and an example of the theme and then the photos that I took in that theme. I have 4 themes: Action, Portraits, Abstract, and Nature. At the end of the book there is a page with all the titles of the photos I took. I am not done taking the pictures but when I am done I will scan them into my computer and put them in the book and order the book. I then hope to compare the cost to make the book to the profict I could make from selling the book ratio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment