
(example of portraits....not mine)
Today I took more portrait photographs because I wanted more variety in my portraits section of my book. Annie Weisberg was my model today. I took a lot of up close shots because I really enjoyed the shape and angles of her face. Many of the shots are of Annie with a serious face. Some pictures she purposely made the serious face and in others she was just relaxed which I liked because I think a portrait is best when the subject feels comfortable and is relaxed. After taking pictures of Annie Weisberg I printed the portrait photos that I took yesterday and today. I started printing by setting up my area. I remade the developer by taking 3 ounces of the concentrated developer and diluting it with 27 ounces of water. I don't need to do anything to the stop bath so I just pour it into the container. Finally, I remade the fixer by taking 6 ounces of concentrated developer and diluting it with 24 ounces of water. I chose 4 of my favorite portrait shots of both Annies. The 2 I picked with my sister Annie were one when I caught her being relaxed and laughing, and the other a cool distorted picture where I got really close to her face. The pictures I picked for Annie Weisberg were an up close, serious face, and a picture that I have her against the background but also with the surroundings so it was obvious that we were in a portrait studio. I thought that the 2 different photos (the distorted picture of Annie and the picture of Annie W. in the surroundings) were cool because they weren't just normal portrait pictures, they had a twist to them. Because the lighting was the same on both subjects in all 4 pictures, and both girls are similar in size and face shape (so the shadows don't fall differently on each girl) I didn't have change the time, and aperture while printing. For all 4 pictures I used an 8 aperture for 7 seconds. I didn't use a filter at all because the tonal range in the pictures was nice with out one. Also, there was, fortunately, no dust or smudges on the negatives. Therefore, I only had to print all 4 photographs once. After I was done printing I put in all the titles for my photographs that will be appearing in my book.

No comments:
Post a Comment